Seasonal shop openings with the potential for the long-run don’t come around every day – especially at places as highly-regarded as RIGS in Colorado. If you fit the description below, they’re looking to fill two seasonal Sales Associate positions – one full-time and one part-time – as soon as March 31st. Interested? Read on, and then get your resume buttoned-up.
RIGS is looking for a strong applicant that has a passion and active understanding of the fly fishing industry (retail sales and guide services). This person will possess superb attention to detail with the ability to manage and follow through on tasks independently and collaboratively.
Fly Shop Sales Associate
Seasonal Full Time (March 15th – September 15th) with flexibility during the peak season to accomodate the need for longer hours than full time. Pay is dependent on experience. Position comes with pro-deal and in-house discount benefits. Also has the potential for advancement and to expand into year-round employment dependent on experience.
Seasonal Part Time Position (May – August) with the possibility of more than part-time during peak season, pay is dependent on years of experience. The ability to guide part-time, shop part-time may be available.
The Fly Shop Sales Associate assists with the retail performance of the business and helps with all facets of the RIGS Fly Shop Operation in collaboration with the Fly Shop Manager. The fly shop sales associate must be detail-oriented in his/her approach and exude a positive, personable and confident demeanor. Educated on environmental issues, industry innovations, and trends a plus. Their focus will be sales within the fly shop, booking trips and assisting the manager with orders and online sales.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Retail & Point of Sales System – Assist with the purchase order process and online store.
- Reservation System & Guided Activities – Obtain an understanding of our Reservation System and the trip inventories within it to successfully process quotes and reservations for all guided activities.
- Fly Shop Sales and Client Relations – Maximize guest experience and fly shop efficiencies via sales of merchandise, trips and educating the public on what RIGS and the region have to offer.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong Written & Verbal Communications– Ability to articulate in the written and spoken word (spelling/sentence structure, professional presentation of self) and communicate in a timely manner. Ability to quickly and effectively document and communicate internally, all identifiable situations that may affect the outcome of our product/guest experience.
- Computer & Technology– Proficiency/Comprehension/Retention. Strong working knowledge of windows based programs and progressive understanding of internet systems and cloud-based storage a plus.
- Industry Knowledge –Background in the fly fishing industry as well as a good working knowledge of Colorado and the immediate region.
- Retail Sales Experience –Prior work experience within the fly shop and guide service industry ideal. Strong customer service in both areas, as well as industry product knowledge. Consistently present RIGS’s fly shop and business in a highly professional, clean/orderly/inviting manner.
- Organization, Documentation & Timely Completion of Objectives–Detailed oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to take direction and stay on task during the busy season.
Only applicants with industry experience, resume, and cover letter will be considered. Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org