for next-level business success.
I’ve attended the last 3 years and I’m blown away with caliber of the presentations and the evolution every year. –Bo Brines, Little Forks Outfitters
We know that the Dealer Summit is one of the single-most valuable events of the year for our member retailers, which is why we work to create the most dynamic line-up of seminars and presenters possible. And this year is no exception. Join us in Austin this March and take home practical, directly-applicable retail intel from some of the best in the industry.
Opening keynote presentation – Rich Hill
How a brand’s Direct-to-consumer (D2C) strategies work. The metrics. The tactics. And, how this can be most effective for specialty retail.
The Mind of the Consumer – Art Webb
Building a thriving business requires understanding and mastery of a variety of marketing and management skills. But at the root of it all lies the consumer—or perhaps more accurately, a keen understanding of consumer psychology and buying behavior.
This session will cover:
• Modern day consumer behavior and psychology—especially buying behavior
• The role fly fishing plays in human identity, behavior and aspiration
• How retailers can exploit all of this in their brand and their marketing outreach—especially social.
• And a brief overview of how to apply these realities to the retail experience
Crafting your strategic marketing plan – Art Webb & Robert Prioleau, Owner – Blue Ion
A marketing plan is essentially your roadmap to successful customer engagement with your brand. In this session we’ll cover the key elements of your brand and how to infuse them within a cohesive marketing plan. We’ll also discuss the critical components of your plan: the message you will deliver, the tools you will utilize, the actions you plan to take, and the outcomes you desire.
AFFTA Fisheries Fund – Captain Lucas Bissett
Brand-building and good business focuses on the difference it can make in the bigger picture as much as in its bottom line. Learn how the Fisheries Fund was leveraged into a successful and lasting community development strategy.
Retailer Round Table – Creating Your Strategic Marketing Plans
• Calendar of events & seasonality
• Key messages & focus
• Tools to be leveraged
• Working the plan
Planning customer service into your marketing: Leveraging the power of service in your brand with your team – Dan Mann & Leslie Cunningham
When a customer walks into your store, what are they really looking for? Here we’ll discuss how your sales staff can identify and understand varying customer attitudes and behavior, and exploit this awareness of that customer’s psychology in service of their—and your business’—needs.
Topics will cover:
• What your staff can do to surprise and delight your customers
• Galvanizing customer relationships
• Examples of extraordinary customer service/customer experience
• The importance of great service after the sale
• Bringing service to the online experience
Specialty Retail Best Practices – Rich Hill
Relationships are the lifeblood of outdoor specialty retail. Here, Rich Hill will share lessons on what he’s learned running Grassroots Outdoor Alliance, and also bring in Dan Mann to talk about how the Mann Group helped create the Connect by Grassroots Tradeshow.
The Online, Social & Digital Experience – Robert Prioleau
Having an online presence is more than just the price of admission for shops and specialty retailers today—it’s a vital facet of staying relevant and top-of-mind. In this session we’ll discuss how to build your community with a strategic approach to your digital footprint.
Topics will cover:
• What-to-do and what-not-to-do when creating and maximizing your Online, Social and Digital Experience
• Identifying and leveraging owned, earned, and paid media
• Social Media as a critical component of your Marketing Strategy
• How to track and leverage automation while nurturing your customers
Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing – Dan Morgan
Partnering with cause-related organizations and initiatives for events and gatherings can be a win-win for fly shops. Learn about how PHWFF works with shops around the country to host events that drive awareness, build community and add value through new (and loyal) customers.
The “Out-of-Shop Experience” – Dan Mann & Leslie Cunningham
Whether you have a pop-up shop, participate in a fly fishing expo, host a how-to clinic, or guide clients on the water, how do you ensure a positive customer experience?
Topics will cover:
• Creating and hosting events – the #2 most effective form of D2C Marketing
• Critical areas to focus on to ensure your event is a positive experience
FlyX Peer Competition
In a TEDx-style format, 5 of your peers will present out-of-the-box success stories on how they were able to overcome some of the most talked about challenges of their businesses. These are field-tested best practices that you can implement right away. Each Business owner will have no more than 7 minutes to present their idea – with or without a digital presentation – to the AFFTA Dealer Summit audience. After the session, the audience will actually vote on the best idea, with the 1st place winner receiving an award.
Creating a buying plan that aligns with your marketing plan –Dan Mann
This is the Mann Group’s most requested session and it has been designed to deliver fly shops the critical components of managing their massive SKU count.
Topics will cover:
• Planning and Managing your Budget to Deliver Profit
• How your inventory aligns your Brand, your Marketing, and your Events
• Best Practices with a concentrated focus on flies