Fly Shop General Manager (full time, year-round, salary)— RIGS Fly Shop & Guide Service LLC. – Ridgway, Colorado.
The Fly Shop General Manager (GM) is required to oversee and administer the retail performance of the business and help oversee all facets of the RIGS Fly Shop Operation in collaboration with the owners. The GM must exude a positive, friendly and confident demeanor and is detail orientated to oversee daily shop and administrative needs. They will also take an active role in sharing knowledge by successfully training employees and empowering them to provide a safe and competent experience to each and every guest.
- Retail Management & Point of Sales System – Oversees PO’s, Online Store and PreSeason Orders with owners. Responsible for seasonal retail promotions and specials via database management and cross marketing retail to guided activities guests. Active in trade organizations and educated on environmental issues, industry innovations and trends.
- Target Marketing for Retail Product & Activities – Strong contributor on detailed target marketing ideas and campaigns, projected out and based on real-time information – completed in a relative timeframe.
- Reservation System & Guided Activities Management – obtain a mastery of understanding in all facets of the Adventure Office Reservation System and the trip inventories within it including: Trip Inventory load, Guide Scheduling/Management, Client/Lead, Database follow up and Targeted Marketing to activities customers.
- Social Media, Outreach & Promotion – Strong contributor to promotional efforts including: Fly Fishing Report, Blogs, Social Media, Trade Shows, Presentations, retail specials and promotion, advocate for expanding business reach and analyzing results and effectiveness of campaigns.
- Guide & Employee Recruitment, Training, Scheduling & Relations – Contribute to the ongoing recruitment of exceptional and qualified seasonal employees and assist in their training both on and off the water. Organize and contribute to “Employee Manual”, to include reconciling employee performance. Schedule guides and shop employees to maximize guest experience and efficiencies.
SKILL & COMPETENCY: