The American Fly Fishing Trade Association (AFFTA) and International Sportsmen’s Expositions (ISE) have signed a two-year sponsorship agreement, according to Randi Swisher, AFFTA president.
“AFFTA has sponsored a Discover Fly Fishing area at ISE in California and Colorado for the last three years, but we’ll focus on ISE Denver in 2012-13,” said John Kirk, ISE’s director of communications.
Sponsorship goals and results have included:
• Revenue for AFFTA, which was in excess of $71,000 for the first contract period
• AFFTA membership growth via contact to ISE’s large exhibitor base
• Promoting the sport in ISE’s extensive advertising, publicity and marketing
• Creating new participants by hands-on trial with the thousands of non-fly-fishing outdoor enthusiasts attending each ISE
• Youth access to free fly-casting instruction, gear and ongoing programs
• Driving category sales for retailers participating in the ISE
“Under terms of the agreement, ISE returns half of all AFFTA-member exhibit revenue to the Association,” said Kirk. “We also provide sufficient casting areas to ensure that manufacturers, retailers, reps and instructors have the space and time for hands-on interaction with our attendees,” according to Kirk.
AFFTA members participating in the 2011 ISE included: Korker’s, Lamiglas, Orvis, Outcast Sporting Gear, Redington, RIO, Sage, St. Croix, Scientific Anglers, Wright & McGill, and Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures.
Occupying three halls and 290,000 sq. ft. of the Colorado Convention Center, the 2012 ISE Denver will run January 5-8.
For information or a copy of the ISE 2012 Fly Fishing Program, please contact John Kirk, jkirk@SportsExpos.com, 800-545-6100.