AFFTA’s mission is to promote the sustained growth of the fly fishing industry.
AFFTA is dedicated to growing our member benefits, and expanding what we are already providing to our members and the industry. The International Fly Tackle Dealer Show is operated by AFFTA, the world’s largest fly fishing trade show. Additionally, AFFTA is now holding it’s new Dealer Summit, an educational and networking opportunity for retailers nationwide to grow their businesses.
In 2014, AFFTA established the Fisheries Fund, a granting arm of AFFTA dedicated to funding conservation and educational issues and organizations with revenue from the IFTD show, and is now open to donations from the public. The Fisheries Fund is THE fly fishing industry’s philanthropic organization targeted solely on fly fishing
AFFTA is also offers a host of distinct benefits to make your business smoother and more profitable. UPS shipping discounts, Staples Advantage discounts and guide and outfitter insurance are all programs aimed at moving the business of fly fishing forward.
Perhaps most importantly, AFFTA advocates on behalf of the fly fishing industry in local, state and federal conservation, access and business issues. Our government affairs committee and staff stay busy ensuring we will have healthy fisheries and access to them to support our businesses for years to come.
In A Nutshell
We like to stay busy. And with an industry as large and diverse as the fishing industry, we are always on the hunt for ways to move all of our businesses forward. On any given day you can likely find us doing one (or all!) of these things:
- Planning the world’s biggest fly fishing trade show
- Advocating for clean water, access to fisheries, and a fair trade marketplace
- Adding new member benefits such as the UPS discount, AFFTA Dealer Summit, and more
- Booking dynamic speakers for the next AFFTA Dealer Summit
- Tracking progress of Fisheries Fund grant recipients
- Drafting our next On the Fly newsletter
- Recruiting attendance to The Fly Fishing Show consumer shows
- Updating our guide/outfitter group insurance benefit
- Conducting committee meetings with our dynamic, active board
- Chatting with our manufacturer, retailer and guide membership on how we can better help them grow their business
- Fishing. Regular connection with our passion is key!
Not an AFFTA member? Then join us today. And move fishing forward.