Works directly with the President on communications to AFFTA members, media, affiliate groups and the general public. Produces content ranging but not limited to press releases, blog posts, bi-monthly e-newsletter, Fisheries Fund, AFFTA Member Benefits, IFTD Advertising, IFTD Show Schedules etc.
Outbound material (press releases, membership letters, etc.)
- Produces content and/or proofread documents that AFFTA and the Board of Directors distribute to members, prospective members, affiliate groups etc.
- Manage and distribute press releases through MailChimp and other platforms.
AFFTA website and social media outlets (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Develop and maintain plan of annual content updates
- Press releases, AFFTA news updates, trade news updates and Fisheries Fund
- Promoting new/relevant areas of website
- Weekly blog posts that are relevant to the industry, either via product news and innovations or conservation/politics/legislative issues that impact the industry.
- Cultivate a solid list of online press contacts (bloggers, e-zine editors, etc.) that can easily be reached and engaged as needed when important AFFTA news is at hand
- Develop and maintain AFFTA/IFTD Social Media Policy and Social Media Strategy.
- Develop a monthly strategy for content on Social Media
- Ensure social media outlets are updated when we send out email blasts, etc.
- Update Social Media profiles with photos, videos.
- Respond to comments, questions on Social Media.
- Engage in fly fishing and/or communications-related conversations on Social Media.
- Promote AFFTA members and affiliate groups on Social Media
- Cultivate a list of mainstream and industry-specific media contacts that we can reach out to on a moment’s notice.
- Work with communications staffers from AFFTA members (companies, orgs, etc.) to ensure proper promotion of the industry and AFFTA.
- Be a dependable resource for reporters, editors and producers on industry news
- Assist co-workers as needed.
- Attend annual IFTD shows and/or other events at the discretion of the President.
- Manage Fisheries Fund Grant Applications and all communications
- Produce the annual report for the Fisheries Fund
- Help with marketing and communication plans.
- Research ways to improve services to members, with goals to:
- Drive all AFFTA communications through social media to the AFFTA website
- Improve affta.org focusing on content and navigation.
- Help members understand the communications benefits of AFFTA and how we can help their business’ grow
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or 3-5 years experience in related field.
- Skilled in MS Office, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- Working familiarity with Google products and WordPress or similar content management systems
- This is a paid Part-time Position 20-25 hrs a week, Salary is D.O.E
- To apply send a resume to email@example.com